Everquip- A successful season

Originally published at: https://hornseacommunitynews.uk/sport/everquip-a-successful-season/

Everquip Racing have been nominated at The Motorsport Awards 2018 for Team Of The Year. Please vote for us by 9th December using the following linkhttps://motorsportawards.com/team-of-the-year/

Round 12 – Brands Hatch

Results: James Rispoli #43 Bjorn Estment #27
Free Practice 1 P5 P7
Free Practice 2 P13 P14
Qualifying P7 P11
Race 1 – Sprint Race P9 P8
Qualifying P10 P6
Warm Up (wet) P3 P7
Race 2 – Feature Race (wet) P4 DNF
Bjorn Estment #27

The final round was to be held at the iconic Brands Hatch GP circuit which I have a massive love for and have experienced so many great moments in my time. I believed this round would be no different and we worked really hard from the off to make it happen! The weekend progressed really well and it was clear we had found something in setup. Unfortunately, in qualifying I never got my act together and it left me 11th on the grid for the Sprint Race. This was a pity as my pace was really strong and I knew that we had the speed to fight for 4th. After a poor start dropping me down to 13th, we had a strong charge through the field and I finished 8th, only 6 seconds off the winner which was a great result in the circumstances. My fastest lap time from Race 1 had us start in a much stronger 6th place for the feature race on Sunday.

I was confident of a fairytale finish to the year! The conditions were atrocious and after the worst start of my year, I began to make rapid progress until being caught out by the wet track and crashing out. Not the way I wanted to end the year but I gave it a go!

I have to say a massive thank you to my team Everquip Racing, all the sponsors and friends and fans, all the guys and girls have been amazing and are always there to believe and support me. I could not ask for more commitment and passion from this incredible bunch of people. Well done to all the championship and race winners and big shout out to all the marshals and organisers for their hard work making everything happen! Finally a special mention to my team mate James ‘Ripsaw’ Rispoli for never giving up and showing an astonishing amount of heart in the last few laps of the season narrowly missing out on his third in the championship. I’m proud of him and how gracious and professional he was in a hard moment! Well done bro. See y’all soon!! Hell yeah!! #totalbuildingservices; #proairconditioning; #catfossmodular; #NFB

James Rispoli #43

Wow… what an epic year of racing. We had so much drama and carnage with crashes, engine blow ups, tire explosions - the lot! With everything thrown at us we still managed to finish 4th in the championship. This little team has overcome so many hurdles. I want to thank Stuart , Carl and Lyndon at Everquip for the massive belief in me. I also want to thank Andy for literally giving me the best package possible. All my crew that I now call my boys. Thanks again to all of our sponsors.

We would like to thank all sponsors, race fans and the team for their support this season.

Contact Details:

Email: [email protected]

Tel: 01430 449480

Facebook: @everquipracing

Twitter: @everquipracing

Pictures: by Aaron Scott